Thursday, 16 February 2012

M's wine review - Aerin's Vineyard shiraz 2009

In need of a mid week glass of red? Nothing too fancy, just a quick, cheap but tasty glass - this might just be it!
 
The Aerin's Vineyard is a Heathcote
shiraz, and those who enjoy Heathcote wines know that most drops coming out of this region are pretty good. It's a smaller, cooler climate wine growing region with a good mix of small and medium sized producers. The winery is owned by Seppelt - they have a large number of other more premium wines that they sell under the Seppelt label.
 
I bought this
shiraz
over a year ago, a few bottles have been sitting in the wine rack for a while. I think what initially attracted me was its fruitiness, and maybe the 6 other tastings I had before it helped!
 
A year on, I think it's good - the perfect mid week wine. It’s easy drinking, nothing too outstanding, but smooth, fruity and easy enough for a glass or two.
 
RRP $14.99

No comments:

Post a Comment