Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Out for brekkie - Creatures of Habit, Ivanhoe


The other weekend we thought we'd try out the new cafe down the road in Ivanhoe - Creatures of Habit. It opened before Christmas and I've been driving past on the way to work thinking it looks worth a visit.


We popped in on the Saturday for a drink and toasted sandwich and thought the menu looked good, and prices very reasonable, so we went back again on Sunday for brekkie.


I'm a sucker for good hollandaise so always have to try eggs benedict or florentine when I'm out. But a bad hollandaise can ruin good eggs so the first time I order at a new place I always ask for it on the side, just in case.


But no worries at Creature of Habit - the eggs were beautifully poached,the hollandaise tangy and light, the spinach buttery and the bacon crispy.






M's eggs royale was great too, the salmon good quality and the eggs and hollandaise just as good as mine!




I'm not a coffee drinker but M said it was good but required a second visit to re-taste.


I'd say Creatures of Habit is our new fave local!
Creatures of Habit, Ivanhoe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment