Monday, 21 May 2012

Weeknight veggie curry

This is one of my weeknight stapes. It’s so easy to pop everything into a pan to simmer – and so warming to serve on cous cous with a dollop of greek yoghurt and eggplant pickle on top.

I’ve recently stopped buying manufactured curry paste and prefer to blitz up my own spice mix. I bought a little mini-processor at Target a little while ago (only $20) and it’s perfect for it. I rather randomly throw in some garlic, ginger, shallot or spring onion from the garden, 2-3 hot birdseye chillis (we like our curry hot) and an assortment of spices like cumin, coriander, cloves etc. For this curry I added 3 tomatoes too and whizzed it, for thai curries I’ll add oil, fish sauce and some brown sugar.

Then I just fry some onion and add the paste, fry a little more and add veggies (this time carrots and pumpkin), tinned tomatoes and nearer to the end some green veg (this time beans) and tinned lentils. At the end I stir through some lime juice and/or sugar depending on what it needs and serve!



Kate eat-drink-dream

No comments:

Post a Comment