Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Balmy weekend lunch at Cafe Vue at Heide

A couple of weeks ago we took advantage of one of the last balmy weekends and visited Café Vue at Heide. We’re so lucky to live only a 5 minute drive from the Heide gallery and gardens and don’t make use of it as much as we should. Café Vue was established right next to the gallery a few years ago and M and I have visited a couple of times.

So this balmy Saturday we took a stroll through the beautiful gardens (the veggie garden is such an inspiration) then wandered into Café Vue for a bite. We sat outside as the weather was so mild. M ordered the Vue salad sandwich with ham and I ordered the warm coconut chicken and salad wrap.




I normally love Café Vue’s food (I’m a big fan of the city one on St Kilda Rd) however I’ve gotta say we were a tad disappointed on this occasion. M’s sandwich had all the makings of being great, but the bread was really thick and it made the sandwich dry overall. My ‘warm’ chicken wrap came toasted on the outside but not really warm through. The chicken didn’t have much flavour and overall it was dry. After seeing a man at another table ask for a little bowl of mayo and adding it to his wrap I followed suite. The mayo certainly made it more tasty, but I don’t think you should have to doctor your food quite that much when out in order to make it tasty! The other thing I found odd is that the wrap came with a side of quite oily and thin crisps – they weren’t terribly tasty either.

M and I will definitely continue to visit Café Vue at Heide (I can’t go past the Croque Madame for brekkie) I just know to try ordering something else next time!


Café Vue at Heide on Urbanspoon

Kate eat-drink-dream

No comments:

Post a Comment