Monday, 18 June 2012

Brekkie at Pillar of Salt

I’ve been to Pillar of Salt a few times lately for brekkie and both times have ended up ordering the same thing! The green eggs and ham – poached eggs and smoked ham on a brioche with herby apple cider hollandaise and crunch pieces of granny smith apple. They’re great, and I’m a sucker for eggs Benedict in any form! What initially attracted me to it was the addition of the crispy apple – it sounded unusual but the flavour went so well with the richness of the runny eggs, hollandaise and brioche. My only criticism is that I always end up overeating, the brioche is quite large and I reckon you could actually share one serve.



M had the Southern omelette with creamed corn, coriander, jalapenos and toast. He liked it because it was different and a bit unique (kind of like him). He’s a sucker for anything spicy and it worked surprisingly well.



The venue’s great too, both times I’ve been we’ve ended up sitting at communal tables, but they’re big enough that you don’t feel crowded or uncomfortable. The staff are helpful and the coffee’s great! I wish I lived a bit closer, I’d visit more often!

Kate eat-drink-dream

Pillar of Salt on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment