Thursday, 12 July 2012

Avocado on toast - simple classic!

If you haven't already gathered from the number of brekkie reviews on here, M and I are pretty keen on a big morning cook-up on the weekend! We eat out often, but also love nothing better than whipping up a plate and eating at the kitchen bench with the sun streaming in... or in bed if M's feeling generous and lets me have a sleep in!

Last weekend I made us a simple but classic dish - avocado on toast. Sometimes I mash it, but more often lately I've really been enjoying it cubed with a dash of good quality olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, some herbs and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper. Of course, it's obligatory to serve it up on some beautiful bread! Every weekend M (the early bird) goes down to our local Leo's and picks up a loaf - our favourites are Phillipa's and Zeally Bay sourdough.

What a great way to start the morning!


Kate eat-drink-dream

No comments:

Post a Comment