Tuesday, 17 July 2012

M's wine review - Quattro Mano Novillo Tempranillo 2011

Quattro Mano Novillo Tempranillo .... It's a mouth full! I have previously reviewed the Sangiuen Estate Tempranillo 2009 vintage and absolutely loved it, so I've continued to explore this variety.

This variety comes in various styles, some being more full bodied and others that are lighter. This one, in my opinion probably sits right in the middle. It's interesting because the last 4-5 tempranillo wines have all been so different in their weight and structure. I like that - it keeps things interesting and fresh as you don't know what you're going to get!

The wine is from what seems to be a smaller, but contemporary, wine producer in the Barossa Valley. The actual label on the bottle is interesting, very modern! Not sure if I like it, but the wine is nice.

Being a tempranillo it is very easy drinking on its own or with a variety of different food. I've tried this wine twice now and both times i've been impressed. It is smooth, medium bodied, plenty of black currant and berry flavour, hints on liquorice and just general goodness.
I wouldn't say it's the most exciting tempranillo I've had but it most definitely is the perfect drop for a relaxed night at home or dinner with friends.

Price range $16-$20

No comments:

Post a Comment