Thursday, 23 August 2012

My first home grown lemons

We planted our lemon tree when we first bought our house, over the past 3 years I’ve been carefully watering, fertilising and caring for it. Each year when the buds and small lemons have appeared I’ve diligently removed all of them so the tree could focus its energy on growing rather than producing fruit.

But this year I thought I’d see how it went with fruit. So I didn’t remove any buds and slowly over the last few months I’ve seen little lemons grow and turn yellow!

I’m so excited as I’ve just picked and used my first lemons off the tree in a delicious salad dressing! They taste fantastic, they’re quite small but pack a sharp lemony punch. Hopefully many more lemons in the years to come!


Kate eat-drink-dream

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! A freshly plucked lemon is truly a thing of joy and beauty... and the scent is heavenly.

    ReplyDelete