Sunday, 2 September 2012

My first attempt at Corn Fritters

Yesterday M was off on a bucks day and I decided to send him off with a nice big brekkie. If I’m out for breakfast and there’s corn fritters on the menu I can’t help but order it, it’s one of my favourite brekkies when done well. We love smoked salmon and avocado and often include these in our brekkie repertoire so I decided to attempt corn fritters with the aforementioned ingredients and poached eggs.




The fritters were actually really easy, I just googled a recipe and used this one on Taste.com.au, instead of spring onion I substituted red onion and instead of chives I used fresh parsley from the garden. I halved the recipe and used a 300g tin of corn, it was just the right amount for 2 people for brekkie. I served them up with the salmon, mashed avocado, poached eggs, rocket, some herby mayo and a wedge of lemon.

I definitely recommend giving these a try!
 


Kate eat-drink-dream

No comments:

Post a Comment