Last Sunday I thought I'd give it a go, it reminded me kind of cannelloni which I love, but find so fiddly to make. This is so much easier!
Normally for lasagne and things like this that require a tomato sauce I'll make it from scratch, but this time I was feeling lazy (and to be frank it was just M and I eating it) so I used a bottle of passata like the recipe said. I adapted it a little by throwing in some leftover red onion and sundried tomatoes and it tasted great!
Zucchini and ricotta stuffed baked shells - adapted from a Women's Weekly recipe
- 2 zuchinnis, grated
- 1 1/3 cups ricotta ( I guesstimated and just used a good chunk)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Good sprinkle of dried chilli
- 1/2 cup parmesan (I used a good sprinkle)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Good handful of fresh herbs (I used oregano and parsley)
- 1 jar of passata
- Large pasta shells
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Spray a large baking dish with oil
- Put zuchinni, garlic, ricotta, chilli, parmesan, egg and yolk and herbs in bowl, mix until well combined. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Tip passata into baking dish. This is where I added the leftover red onion, finely chopped, and the sundried tomatoes and mixed through.
- Spoon ricotta mixture into shells and place them in dish. Fill as many shells as you can squeeze into dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil, bake for 30 mins.
- Uncover and bake for 15-20mins.
- Serve with salad and enjoy!